Bourbon Balsamic Glazed Steak and Mushrooms
- 2 Sirloin steaks
- 12 Large button mushrooms
- 2 Tbs Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs Gettysburg Olive Oil Co. House Blend (Tunisian) EVOO
- 4 Cloves garlic (smashed)
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Gettysburg Olive Oil Co. Bourbon Dark Balsamic
- 3 Tbs Honey
- In a large cast iron pan, heat half the butter and half the olive oil on medium to high heat until pan is hot.
- Add steaks, smashed garlic cloves and thyme sprigs and sear for about 5 min on each side adding other half of butter and olive oil when flipping.
- Baste as you go with butter and oil in pan.
- Cook until desired tenderness.
- Remove steak from pan and wrap in foil to keep tender.
- Remove garlic and thyme and discard.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté for about 4 min (until tender).
- Remove and set aside in bowl to keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean and add balsamic and honey until it thickens.
- Place steak and mushrooms back in pan for about 5 min to marinade together. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Add a comment