Chicken Breasts with Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1.25 lbs)
- Salt and ground pepper(to taste)
- ¾ lb small to medium mushrooms
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs Gettysburg Olive Oil Co. House Blend (Tunisian) EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup Gettysburg Olive Oil Co. Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp minced fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dry
- 1 Tbs butter
- Cut away any fat from chicken breasts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rinse, drain and pat mushrooms dry.
- Add salt and pepper to the flour and dredge chicken breasts in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until nicely browned on one side, and then add garlic.
- Turn chicken and scatter mushrooms over top. Shake skillet occasionally so that mushrooms cook evenly. Let cook for about 3 minutes and then add the garlic dark balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and cover with foil. Continue cooking the sauce with mushrooms uncovered for about 7 minutes over medium-high heat. Swirl butter into sauce mixture.
- Remove the bay leave, and pour sauce mixture with mushrooms over the chicken and serve.
Add a comment